Tuesday, April 6, 2010

iPad overcharging and rip-offs under way on Apple's iTunes website for iPad applications!

What would you pay for an iPad application version of Times Magazine? Would you be willing to pay an extra 15 times more than the offline/printed edition? Obviously that depends upon the amount of cash you can throw around, doesn't it? If not then guess what's happening at iTunes? Well you may call it the rip-offs of the year from Apple's website!



Well that's not what is really happening but beware of buying applications for your iPad. I was just browsing the iTunes website for iPad applications and came upon this page here and an angry customer left the following comment:


"* Beware by Jimtowner
It's my own fault, but in my excitement over the iPad I purchased this without realizing I was paying for ONE edition of Time. In my haste I thought the date referred to the release date for an app that would give continuing access to various Time articles. As with some music on iTunes, I thought this was a pre-release. Oh well, buyer beware. I would never pay $4.99 for a single edition of Time in any form. I hope my mistake will help someone else to understand what they are actually purchasing before they buy. I also think Time can be much clearer about what they are offering. As it stands, the app listing is bordering on misleading in my opinion. And yes, I understand that it's my mistake."

That's quite a hefty price to pay for a Times Magazine subscription and is truly a rip-off over the iPad application fad going on. Here is another comment from an intelligent passer by on the same website:


"$$$ by zxspectrum
So they don’t pay for materials, shipping/distribution anymore... but the magazine is x15 times more expensive!!! you can get 56 paper issues for $20! seriously, you guys are finished."

Comments sources: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time-april-12-2010/id364384236#

No comments:

Post a Comment